Please submit the following materials via e-mail to: YAPauditions@dacamera.com by Monday, April 24, 2017:
- Composer-in-Residence Application
- One-page cover letter
- Works list (solo and chamber)
- Work samples (scores and audio recordings)
In addition, please ask someone to submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf by the same date.
Please select two contrasting works that are most representative of your output. At least one of the works should be an example of chamber music for more than one musician. For each work please include the following:
- Complete score (PDF file)
- Complete recording (standard audio formats accepted)
During the initial screening process, judges will only listen to one minute of each work. Please select the minute of music which you would like them to hear and indicate where the excerpt begins and ends on the application form.
Finalists will be selected for a final interview. The interviews will follow this general format:
- Short personal introduction
- Briefly introduce the first work as if you are presenting it to a class of 25 third graders
- Briefly introduce the second work as if you are presenting it to a group of music connoisseurs
- Conclude with a 4-5 minute interview
If you have any questions, please contact Director of Education and Community Initiatives Craig Hauschildt at firstname.lastname@example.org.