Job Title: Director of Individual Giving
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
Reports To: General Manager
DACAMERA, Houston’s premiere presenter and producer of chamber music and jazz, is accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Director of Individual Giving. This position plays a key role in delivering the organization’s mission to inspire individuals and enrich communities through diverse and inventive musical experiences.
Since 1987, DACAMERA has presented and produced chamber music and jazz performances of the highest caliber. Led by Artistic Director, pianist Sarah Rothenberg, DACAMERA is nationally recognized for its innovative and dynamic approach to programming. Each season, the world’s most celebrated musical artists perform on DACAMERA’s mainstage concert series at the Wortham Theater Center, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, and The Menil Collection. Committed to the belief that an arts organization must play a leading role in the tangible improvement of society through its involvement in the community, DACAMERA also impacts Greater Houston through hundreds of educational and community events each season.
The primary objective of this position is revenue growth through strategic and comprehensive year-round donor engagement and stewardship. The Director of Individual Giving focuses on the acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of annual fund donors and execution of annual special events, as well as coordinating efforts related to development strategy and communications. The position is an integral part of a dynamic team that supports the presentation of diverse artistic offerings and vibrant community engagement programming throughout Houston.
The Director of Individual Giving will support DACAMERA’s annual fundraising efforts in the following ways:
- Cultivation and stewardship of individual donors at Benefactor, Virtuoso, Ensemble, and Composer levels as well as other lower-level donors.
- Oversee contribution pledges, payments, correspondence, and Tessitura entry.
- Develop and implement strategies for engagement of lapsed donors as well as for converting subscribers to donors.
- Maintain records as related to Board and Advisory Council contributions.
- Oversee fundraising campaigns including Annual Fund, and in collaboration with Director of Institutional Giving, support Leadership Circle and Concert Underwriting fund efforts.
- Track all individual giving towards annual budget goals.
Development Strategy and Communications:
- In collaboration with Director of Institutional Giving, General Manager, and Artistic Director, develop and execute a holistic development strategy for the organization.
- In collaboration with other department personnel, prepare reports for Board and Committee meetings.
- Prepare and ensure the integrity of donor lists for the concert Program Book three times each season.
- In collaboration with other organization personnel, prepare and track annual fundraising strategy, planning, and timeline documents.
- Manage protocol and reporting of donor acknowledgements, gift processing, correspondence, and invoicing/payments.
- Serve as a key liaison to the Board and Advisory Council, and along with the Director of Institutional Giving, act as a staff liaison to the Development Committee.
- Directing planning, logistics, and execution of annual fundraising, stewardship, and cultivation events, including:
- Opening Night Dinner
- Ensemble House Parties
- Concert Receptions
- Annual Gala and associated events
The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years of experience in nonprofit development, preferably in a performing arts organization, with 1-2 years Tessitura experience. This individual, who is a self-starter and motivated, will build positive, long-term relationships with donors and prospects alike and is skilled in managing department-wide strategy, operations, and communication efforts. An ability to work as part of a team and independently as well as a commitment to maintaining confidentiality is essential. The ideal candidate is passionate about DACAMERA’s mission and can easily articulate that passion with various stakeholders. This position requires the availability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends.
DACAMERA offers a compensation package commensurate to the position’s responsibilities and the candidate’s experience. Comprehensive benefits include insurance (health, dental, and vision), paid time off, and a generous employer contribution toward a 403(b) retirement plan.
Candidate’s earliest availability.
5:00 p.m. CT on Thursday, June 30, 2022
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and two (2) professional references to:
Brandon Bell, General Manager