DACAMERA, Houston’s premiere presenter and producer of chamber music and jazz, is accepting applications from qualified individuals for the position of Assistant Director of Education and Community Initiatives. This position plays a key role in delivering the organizational mission to inspire individuals and enrich communities through diverse and inventive musical experiences.
Since 1987, DACAMERA has presented and produced chamber music and jazz performances of the highest caliber. Led by Artistic Director, pianist Sarah Rothenberg, DACAMERA is nationally recognized for its innovative and dynamic approach to programming. Each season, the world’s most celebrated musical artists perform on DACAMERA’s mainstage concert series at the Wortham Theater Center, Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, and The Menil Collection.
Committed to the belief that an arts organization must play a leading role in the tangible improvement of society through its involvement in the community, DACAMERA impacts Greater Houston through hundreds of educational and community events each season.
Position: Office Manager/Production Assistant
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Available: Wednesday, October 27, 2021
DACAMERA seeks an energetic and highly-motivated Office Manager/Production Assistant with excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor. This position with an established performing arts organization is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to gain invaluable experience while further exploring a career in arts administration. An essential role on the DACAMERA team, the Office Manager/Production Assistant is responsible for facilitating daily administrative operations as well as supporting key governance and production/artistic functions. Must be available to work a flexible schedule, with evening and weekend work required during production periods.
- Office Manager: 85%
- Production Assistant: 15%
Office Manager Responsibilities:
Administrative and financial:
- Serve as front desk receptionist. Answer office phone lines and route calls to team members.
- Receive and distribute mail and deliveries.
- Maintain inventory of essential office supplies. Organize supply storage and keep tidy.
- Manage office equipment and office facility; oversee requests for maintenance and IT support as required.
- Process all administrative bills, check requests, vendor invoices, and expedite timely payments. File check copies and keep archived files organized for auditing purposes.
- Process all checks and cash received via ticket and merchandise sales as well as donations.
- Support the Controller and Accounts Payable functions by processing check requests in Bill.com and QuickBooks.
- Compile monthly receipts and code expense reports for reimbursement and credit card reconciliation.
- Support weekly staff meetings by recording minutes.
- Maintain relationships with all facility vendors including property manager, cleaning service, internet, office maintenance, hotels, car service, and rental car companies, etc.
- As needed, assist Advancement Operations Manager with processing of phone and online ticket sales exchanges, and donations.
- Support the General Manager and other department directors in scheduling board and governance meetings; track attendance and compliance with quorum requirements.
- Support board and committee meetings by coordinating meeting space and A/V logistics, preparing and compiling materials, etc.
- Record minutes and action items at meetings as requested.
Production Assistant responsibilities:
- Coordinate artist travel, lodging, hospitality and ground transportation. Work closely with the Production Manager to draft itineraries and distribute to artists, management, and staff.
- As needed, support the Production Manager on rehearsal and concert days with production load-in and load-out, artist transportation, and production errands.
- As needed, assist Production Manager backstage at all subscription series concerts, and assist in staffing other performances and special events as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- Experience working as an Office Administrator or Executive Assistant.
- Experience working in performing arts production is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; self-motivated, quick learner with a positive attitude.
- Ability to interact professionally and respond diplomatically to a variety of requests from staff, artists, donors, and constituents.
- Must be comfortable collaborating as part of a team as well as working independently.
- Proficient with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
DACAMERA will offer a compensation package commensurate to the position’s responsibilities and the candidate’s experience. Benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, 403(b), and a supportive working environment.
Wednesday, October 27, 2021, or candidate’s earliest availability.
5:00 p.m. CT on Friday, October 22, 2021
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, résumé, and two (2) professional references to:
Brandon Bell, General Manager